- Publish Date
- Tuesday, 22 May 2018, 1:22PM
Paul Hickey from the Hits chatted to Rotorua Civil Defence Recovery Manager Andy Bell, who provided an update as to how the the recovery is going.
• If you have been affected by the storm on the 29th of April, please contact Council on 0800 020 001 or 348 4199
• If you haven’t already, please let your insurer know about your situation
• If you need emergency accommodation contact Council on 0800 020 001 or 348 4199; and
• If financial help is needed phone Ministry of Social Development on 0800 559 009 or visit workandincome.govt.nz
• The Temporary Accommodation Service has been activated by the Government to support people displaced by the flooding. More information on the service can be found at www.temporaryaccommodation.mbie.govt.nz
Please remember, if you wish to make a donation to help people who have been affected, you can give a koha (donation) via:
• Account name: Mayoral Manaakitanga Relief Fund
• Account number: 02-0412-0234516-006
• How: Direct Credit or in person at Rotorua Lakes Council building.
• Details: No specific statement details are needed.