Northland teen who suffered toxic shock syndrome from tampon urging others to know the signs

Publish Date
Friday, 9 February 2018, 4:37PM

Whangarei student Grace Morgan has a warning for others after toxic shock syndrome caused her organs to fail and could have been fatal.

The 16-year-old wants to make sure others know about the condition and is urging other women who are having their periods and experiencing symptoms like hers to seek medical attention immediately.

A Hamilton teen was diagnosed with the same illness earlier this year, prompting Grace to spread the word on the illness.

 

Grace was struck down with the rare, and potentially fatal condition in July last year. It started while she was at work.

 

to read more about this story, check out The Northern Advocate