Australian singer Guy Sebastian is back with a brand new single – and warning, it may make you tear up.
Guy caught up with Hayley Bath to talk about the important message in his latest track Standing With You.
The emotional song – which deals with depression and mental health - contains beautiful lyrics such as: Instead of telling you 'You'll be alright' / I'm just gon' be that someone by your side / Yeah, let me be that distant satellite / A constant in the sky.
Guy says it came about after hearing a family member’s battle with depression and his own experiences with losing people he loves to suicide.
"The resounding message is that they’re not alone," Guy told Hayley, "and that they’re not going through it alone."
Listen to Guy Sebastian’s stunning new single Standing With You below:
Where to get help:
- Lifeline: 0800 543 354 (available 24/7)
- Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) (available 24/7)
- Need To Talk: Text or call 1737 (available 24/7)
- Youth services: (06) 3555 906
- Youthline: 0800 376 633
- Kidsline: 0800 543 754 (available 24/7)
- Whatsup: 0800 942 8787 (1pm to 11pm)
- Depression helpline: 0800 111 757 (available 24/7)
- Rainbow Youth: (09) 376 4155
- CASPER Suicide Prevention
If it is an emergency and you feel like you or someone else is at risk, call 111.