- Publish Date
- Wednesday, 20 November 2019, 5:44PM
The Hits is thrilled to present Movies in The Park 2020!
Auckland Council and The Hits are bringing 20 smash-hit movies to a park near you this summer.
So, kick back and imagine hearing birds and leaves rustle in the trees, with the moon overhead, as you watch:
- E.T. phoning home at Woodall Park, Narrow Neck Beach;
- Spiderman scaling crazy new heights at Māngere’s Centre Park;
- Buzz Lightyear flying into Maungakiekie’s Fergusson Domain;
- Simba, the loveable lion cub bounding into Ambury Farm;
- Iconic waiata Poi E dialing up nostalgia at Coyle Park.
No bookings or tickets are required. Seventeen of the twenty films playing at 26 events are captioned for the Deaf community, food trucks will be on-site and Auckland Council will run a zero-waste system at all events.
NEW NEWS: Pop-Up Movies and Music in Parks – Friday 29 November 5 - 8pm
Auckland Council’s inaugural Pop-up Movies and Music in Parks event will take place in Aotea Square on Friday 29 November from 5pm until 8pm with entertainment for all the family.
Aucklanders are invited to come along and groove to the sound of some of the acts headlining Music in Parks 2020 and view trailers of the free movies screening at 26 Movies in Parks events across Auckland this summer.
E.T. with the iconic bike will turn up for free photos, Sandy and Danny from Grease will be there with their best dance moves and kids will transform into their favourite movie characters with free face-painting.
This event is supported by Auckland Live and The Hits.
Event listing here.