- Publish Date
- Wednesday, 9 September 2020, 9:54AM
This Labour Weekend, The Hits have your chance to win a scenic cruise in the beautiful Malborough sounds thanks to Affinity Cruises.
Take a break and experience the beauty and tranquillity as we leisurely cruise through the hidden bays and coves, while you sit back and enjoy this beautiful part of Marlborough Sounds.
What a year it has been, we know you are in need of a break. Register down below to be into win a trip for two to enjoy a relaxing Labour Weekend Break where you can do as little or as much as you like! Spend your weekend enjoying sunset nibbles, BBQs, home-style cooked meals and everything else taken care of (dishes etc), take some time to read a book, play some board games and just RELAX!
Highlights of cruising the Queen Charlotte Sounds:
- A visit to Motuara Island Bird Sanctuary where Robins, Tuis, Kiwis, Bellbirds and Kakariki live. Hear the birdsong and look out for the rare South Island Saddleback as you walk along.
- Visit Ship Cove where English explorer Captain James Cook made his home in the early 1770’s. Here you will find information panels explaining early Maori and European occupation and a monument to honour Captain Cook.
- Walk a section of Queen Charlotte Track
- Visit a salmon farm where the process of salmon aquaculture will be explained.
- Feed the tame fish
- Swim in the clean clear waters of the Marlborough Sounds.
- Walk on the beautiful beaches.
Register to be into win!