Everything you post on The Hits Facebook pages is your responsibility and is in no way endorsed by The Hits.
In order to provide a fun, lively and safe forum for our listeners, we will be forced to remove any content which:
1. Is indecent, obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate.
2. Consists of repeated posting of inflammatory or otherwise objectionable comments.
3. Is threatening, intimidating, menacing, dangerous or abusive, including personal attacks and/or harassment.
4. Is defamatory or contains a damaging or false allegation/rumour.
5. Incites or encourages anyone to send a message to someone for the purpose of causing them harm.
6. Incites or encourages anyone to harm themselves.
7. Insults anyone for his or her colour, race, ethnic or national origins, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
8. Is spam, unsolicited or unauthorised advertising.
9. Consists of unauthorised posting of material subject to copyright.
10. Involves unauthorised disclosure of personal or confidential information (including addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, passwords) and other sensitive or private details about anyone on our page.
11. Is unlawful, fraudulent, misleading or deceptive.
If you feel that someone is posting or commenting inappropriately, or you’re being personally harassed or insulted, please let us know by emailing [email protected] or by sending a direct message to us via Facebook. So that we can consider your complaint properly (in line with the Harmful Digital Communications Act 2015) you will need to include the following information in your email/message:
· Phone number
· Your physical address
· Your email address
· Whether you are happy for your personal details to be shared with the person who wrote the content you are complaining about. We will not share your details unless you give your consent.
For more information on the Harmful Digital Communications Act 2015 see www.justice.govt.nz
You can also report content directly to Facebook.
THREATENING VIOLENCE OR DAMAGE
It is a criminal offence for someone to threaten to kill or threaten to seriously injure a person or to send a letter, text, email or other written material containing this kind of threat. It is also an offence to threaten to damage property to frighten or intimidate. Any such threats will be taken seriously by NZME and reported to Police.
The content posted by fans on this page does not necessarily reflect our views or opinions.
We are not responsible for any content posted by our listeners or for links on this page to third party content or websites. By contributing to this page, you agree to allow The Hits to use your content (including ideas) in any manner without any obligation or compensation to you.
The Hits Facebook page offers to our fans the chance to enter competitions and other promotions. Each promotion is in no way affiliated or associated with Facebook, and is subject to individual terms and conditions applicable for that promotion (available with the entry form for that promotion). The Hits is a radio station owned by NZME Radio Limited (NZME).
Contact details provided to The Hits via our applications will only be used by NZME, unless you give explicit permission for those details to be provided to a third party.
You can contact The Hits at any time by emailing [email protected].