- Publish Date
- Monday, 13 November 2017, 12:14PM
Having a baby is a big decision.
But thanks to ChannelMum.com, we've got a list of specific traits that can help you determine if you're really ready to be a mum.
So how many ‘good mother attributes’ can you tick off?
- Being there when your child needs you
- Wanting your child’s happiness more than your own
- Coping with all the highs and lows of parenting
- Loving your child unconditionally
- Being emotionally available for your child
- Answering all their questions dozens of times
- Doing the drudgery of domestic chores like washing, cooking and cleaning out of love
- Going without so your child has what they need
- Giving out hugs and kisses on cue
- Being willing to scare monsters under the bed
- Being up for a laugh – like putting music on and dancing with the kids
- Taking the time to look after the children when they are poorly
- Giving your time up for snuggles on the couch and bedtime stories
- Being home to tuck everyone into bed at night
Ninety-one per cent of mothers quizzed by ChannelMum.com say ‘wanting your child’s happiness more than your own’ is a sign you are a mum, while 86 per cent believe ‘loving your child unconditionally’ is the mark of a good parent.
Of course, whether you're ready or not, what matters most is how you behave once you actually become a parent!