What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
How You Make It:
- In a saucepan melt water, butter, salt, sugar and cinnamon together. Stir occasionally to dissolve the sugar and bring to a simmer.
- Pour in the flour and then stir briskly with a wooden spoon – the mixture will come together and become quite sticky and hard to manage, but persevere. Keep cooking for roughly a minute and remove from the heat, then set aside for 5 minutes so it’s cool enough to add eggs.
- When a bit cooler beat in the eggs one at a time until the mixture resembles a smooth, quite stiff paste.
- Spread this on a greased waffle iron and cook until the edges are brown and crisp then remove and leave to cool slightly.
- In a bowl mix sugar and cinnamon then dip in each waffle and turn over to coat with sugar on both sides.
- Serve with a chocolate dipping sauce.
This article was first published on Twisted Food and is republished here with permission. Visit their Facebook page.