What You’ll Need:
- 4 scoops tub vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 green apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup demerara/soft brown sugar
How You Make It:
- Begin by rolling balls of ice cream and setting them on a lined baking tray. Freeze for around an hour (or until really hard again).
- Mix in 1 tsp of the cinnamon with the cornflakes. Beat the eggs and then dip the frozen ice cream balls in the cornflake powder, followed by the eggs, followed by the cornflake mixture again. Repeat if you can see any gaps.
- Place the coated ice cream balls back in the freezer to set again. Preheat the oven to 180°c/360°F.
- Meanwhile, fill four separate ramekins with apple pieces. Mix together the remaining cinnamon with the sugar and sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake for around 30/40 minutes, until the apples are soft and the sugar is caramelised.
- Bring around a litre of vegetable or groundnut oil to around 190°c/380°F. Quickly place the ice-cream balls in the hot oil and fry for approximately 20 seconds, until the outside is crisp. Remove and place in the freezer until they are all cooked.
- Serve on top of the baked apples with caramel sauce.
This article was first published on Twisted Food and is republished here with permission. Visit their Facebook page.