- Publish Date
- Friday, 17 November 2017, 7:00AM
As every new parent can attest, sleep deprivation is one of the main side effects of having a newborn.
According to the Daily Mail new parents are trying to see the funny side of their insomnia - by sharing amusing tales of the strangest and most idiotic things they've done as a result of sleep deprivation on BellyBelly.com.
From locking their keys in the boot to leaving their baby on the sofa alone all night by accident, all new parents will relate to these tales.
• 'I walked out to my car and strapped my son into his car seat before I realised that I didn't have pants on'
• 'I walked around half a morning with a lollypop stuck to my coat. On my butt'
• 'Drove 10 miles in the wrong direction trying to go to work. Work is only 10 miles away'
• 'I was so tired I forgot our son's name. I gestured to the monitor and asked my husband, 'How's what's-his-face doing?'
• 'I tried to attach the dog lead to my son while trying to take him to school'
• 'Woke up looked in the bassinet and saw one of my twins sleeping soundly frantically got up to look for my second baby only to realise. I never had twins'
• 'I got in the shower, water running…. with clothes and glasses still on
• 'I put my wallet in the freezer and the frozen peas in my handbag'
• 'I put toilet paper in the freezer'
• 'I put hand soap on my toothbrush instead of toothpaste'
• 'I once left my baby asleep on the sofa all night as I took myself back up to bed'
This article was first published on Daily Mail and is republished here with permission.