- Publish Date
- Wednesday, 16 August 2017, 12:45PM
It's a sight that's all too familiar for any woman who's ever attempted to shave her legs while standing up.
From resting your leg up against the sink to bending over completely, at-home hair removal can often be akin to an endurance sport, according to the Daily Mail.
Now experts have given a name to this grooming ritual, labelling it 'shoga' - or shaving yoga - inspired by the uncomfortable contortions women find themselves in while doing the deed.
The most commonly-chosen pose has been dubbed the 'Shin Salutation' - where a woman stands on one straight leg, bends the other out in front and rests it on a ledge (often the side of the bath tub or WC) so she can shave it.
According to Friction Free Shaving, who compiled the list, following closely behind is the 'Crescent Loon' - where a woman leans back and twists around trying to shave the back of her calves or thighs.
And in third place is 'The Crab' - where a woman bends over double (often squatting but not always!) to shave her bikini line and upper thighs.
Briar Keen, co-founder of Friction Free Shaving, said: "For most women, the daily shave is a far less sensual affair than it appears on the small screen.
"It involves twisting, turning, stretching, bending and balancing to reach hairs all the way from our toes to our armpits. We wanted to talk openly about this for once, to remove some of the taboos around women's shaving and to have a bit of fun along the way."
So which one are you?
1. Shin Salutation Standing on one straight leg, bend the other out in front and rest it on a ledge (often the side of the bath tub) in order to shave it
2. Crescent Loon Leaning back and twist around trying to shave the back of your calves or thighs
3. The Crab Bending over double (often squatting but not always!) to shave your bikini line and upper thighs
4. The Flamingo Trying to balance on one leg as you try to shave the other in front of you
5. Extended patience Holding your arm up at an awkward angle to shave your armpits for long periods of time
6. Seated Shaving Bend Sitting on the floor of the shower to shave - legs straight out in front or with one bent (aka the lazy girl shave)
7. The Bowing Pose Where you stand with your back leg bent and your front leg stretched out straight in front (as if you're about to do a big dramatic bow) so you can shave the front calf of your straight leg
8. Toe to Thigh Triangle Where you reach from your ankle all the way to your thighs in one long stroke
9. Cobbler Pose Where you sit on the floor of the shower with your feet together, knees out to the side to shave the sides of your legs and maybe your bikini too.(6%)
10. Feet & Ankle Bend Where you stand bent over double to shave your ankles and toes
11. Standing Knee Shave Where hug one of your legs to your chest so you can shave your knee
This article was first published on Daily Mail and is republished here with permission.