What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup/250ml gravy
- 3 cups/1 kilo pork mince
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups mashed potato
- 1 cup plain flour
- 4 eggs, beaten with a little milk
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Groundnut oil for deep frying
How You Make It:
- Pour the gravy into an ice cube tray and freeze until solid.
- Thoroughly mix together the pork mince, chives, parsley, nutmeg and seasoning.
- Take a frozen gravy cube and wrap it with a handful of mash. Wrap this in a layer of the sausage meat.
- Working quickly, dip the balls in the flour, then the eggs, then the milk, shaking off any excess as you go. When they are all done place them on a tray in the freezer and leave them to freeze for an hour.
- Preheat the oil to 360°F/180°C and fry them one at a time for roughly 2 – 3 mins, until golden brown and crispy.
This article was first published on Twisted Food and is republished here with permission. Visit their Facebook page.