- Publish Date
- Wednesday, 19 July 2017, 1:14PM
This is possibly the best thing that's ever happened to mac & cheese! These little morsels = deliciousness!
2 cups whole milk
2 cups macaroni noodles
3 tbsp butter
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 tsp salt
3 1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
12 blocks cheddar, 1” each
2 cups plain flour
Oil for frying
- In a pot over medium heat mix together milk, macaroni and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously to prevent sticking.
- Once macaroni is cooked and the milk has thickened, add cheese and salt. Stir to combine. Set aside to cool completely.
- Add 1/2 cup bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese to macaroni and mix.
- Place a tablespoon of mixture in a greased muffin tin. Press into the bottom and up the sides.
- Add one cube of cheese in the middle. Cover with more macaroni mixture and press to adhere.
- Freeze for 1-24 hours.
- Take macaroni muffins out of tin.
- Coat in flour, then egg and then bread crumbs. Do a double coat in bread crumbs if necessary.
- Fry in 150c oil until golden brown. Usually for about 5 minutes.