- Publish Date
- Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 11:35AM
Allow us to introduce you to the Nutella Christmas tree.
While you've probably never heard of it before, it's the most popular dessert searched on Google - a title it has won for three years' straight.
The four-ingredient spectacularly festive dessert is easier to make than you might think.
And what's not to love about delicious branches of chocolatey, flakey goodness?!
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 50g Nutella
- 4 tablespoons of raspberry jam
- 1 egg yolk
- Cut both sheets of puff pastry into the shape of a Christmas tree.
- Coat one sheet of pastry with the Nutella.
- Then add the raspberry jam on top of it and mix together.
- Place the second sheet of pastry on top.
- Use a knife to slice lines on both sides of the tree to create branches, leaving the center (the trunk) unbroken. Make sure the 'branches' are cut equally - at least 1cm apart.
- Gently pick up each branch and twist.
- Brush the entire tree with a mix of egg yolk and water, paying special attention to the twists in each branch.
- Bake your tree for 25 minutes at 200 degrees C.
- Dust with icing sugar and enjoy!