- Publish Date
- Friday, 18 August 2017, 12:13PM
Everybody loves Rolos... And this cake is about to take your love to the next level.
Just look at that caramel!!!
1 box devil's food cake mix
1½ cup heavy cream
3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°. Line four 8” cake pans with parchment paper then grease with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake batter according to package instructions, then divide batter between pans.
- Let cakes cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a 4” biscuit cutter, cut out the centers from two cakes.
- Freeze all cakes for about an hour.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium, heatproof bowl and set aside. Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. When it begins to boil turn off the heat and pour over chocolate chips, whisking constantly until the sauce is smooth.
- Place the first full cake layer on a serving platter then spread a thin layer of ganache on top.
- Top with a cutout layer, then spread ganache around the hole.
- Top with the second cutout layer and spread ganache around the hole.
- Pour caramel into the hole, then cover with the second full cake layer.
- Using a serrated knife, carve around the edges of the cake to form the shape of a Rolo. Cover the entire cake with ganache, then pipe ganache around the center of the cake to mimic a Rolo.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to let the ganache set before serving.
To watch the recipe's video, click here.