- Publish Date
- Thursday, 17 January 2019, 3:32PM
Peanut butter fans will go nuts over these peanut butter-stuffed cookies.
Soft and chewy, with a hidden pocket of gooey peanut butter baked inside the middle, these cookies are an absolute dream!
Plus, they're super easy to make ...
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
For the filling:
- 1c creamy peanut butter
- 1/2c powdered sugar
For the cookies:
- 1/2c creamy peanut butter
- 1/2c butter, softened
- 1/2c brown sugar
- 1/4c granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 large egg
- 1tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2c all-purpose flour
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- 1/2tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 190° and line two large trays with baking paper.
- Make filling: Combine peanut butter and powdered sugar in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Scoop into small balls (about 3cm) and freeze. This prevents a peanut butter explosion while baking!
- Make cookies: In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, and sugars and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Next add egg and vanilla, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Then add flour, baking soda and salt, mixing until just combined.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the cookie dough and flatten into a pancake-like circle.
- Place the frozen peanut butter ball on top.
- Bring the edges of the dough around the peanut butter ball and pinch the edges together to seal, adding more dough if necessary to cover the frozen peanut butter completely.
- Roll stuffed cookie dough ball in sugar and place on baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 5cm apart.
- Bake for around 12 to 15 minutes, until the cookies are golden on the bottom.
Recipe from http://delish.com.