- Publish Date
- Sunday, 17 March 2019, 10:00AM
- 50 confirmed dead, victims range from 2 to older than 60
- 36 mins of terror: Police confirm sole gunman responsible for both mosque shootings
- PM Ardern says gunman 'absolutely' intended to continue his attack
- 12 people last night remained in critical care as survivors' harrowing tales emerge
- Attorney-General says semi-automatic weapons will be banned
- Kiwis have already donated $4.3m for the victims' families
Police Commissioner Mike Bush says the death toll is now at 50.
"As of last night we were able to take all of the victims out of those scenes and in doing so we have located another victim," Bush said.
The number of people injured is also 50, 36 of those remain in Christchurch Hospital. Two people remain critical and one child is at Starship Hospital.
This article was first published on the NZ Herald and is republished here with permission.