- Publish Date
- Friday, 8 July 2016, 4:39PM
There is chaos in Dallas as eleven police officers were shot at a protest over two recent fatal police shootings of black men.
Dallas Police have just confirmed that a fourth officer has died from their injuries, after another 3 were earlier confirmed deceased.
Update: pic.twitter.com/qBJe3q0EtN— Dallas Police Depart (@DallasPD) July 8, 2016
• Eleven officers were shot at a Dallas rally, four fatally.
• Snipers were believed to be acting in response to this week's shootings of African-American men by police officers.
• Police have tweeted a picture of the gunman at large asking for the public's help. The man pictured has handed himself in.
• Police have apprehended a second suspect after a shootout. He was found with a suspicious package next to him.
LATEST: An alleged suspect was in a shootout with Dallas SWAT officers, Dallas Police Department said in a press release. A suspicious parcel was discovered near the suspect's location and is being secured by the DPD bomb squad.
CAUTION: disturbing content in the below video.
Earlier, Dallas police tweeted out the above picture of a 'suspect', who has since handed himself in. The man in question appears to be shown amongst other bystanders, in footage taken after the shooting: