- Publish Date
- Saturday, 21 May 2016, 1:04PM
An emergency situation at Wellington Airport has been resolved.
Passengers on board a flight had reported a chlorine-like smell inside the plane, as it landed at the airport.
Emergency services rushed on to the tarmac, to find a passenger had a bottle of bleach in their hand luggage - which had spilled in the overhead locker.
Police and the Fire Service found the mess after a search of the affected area of plane.
Newstalk ZB sports commentator Bryan Waddle has just got off a plane there, and says passengers were told they couldn't leave via the front door while emergency services responded.
Major operation underway at Wellington airport. pic.twitter.com/ispOGO9RZo— Lizzie Marvelly (@LizzieMarvelly) May 21, 2016