- Publish Date
- Wednesday, 9 November 2016, 6:30AM
Prince Harry has finally confirmed he has been dating Suits actress Meghan Markle for 'a few months'.
In a rare statement on his love life, Kensington Palace said Harry is 'worried about Ms Markle's safety and is deeply disappointed that he has not been able to protect her'.
The statement said: 'It is not right that a few months into a relationship with him that Ms Markle should be subjected to such a storm.'
Kensington Palace has issued a statement this morning about the harassment currently being experienced by Meghan Markle and her family. pic.twitter.com/EuFZ4fmUIj— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) November 8, 2016
It added the 32-year-old prince feels 'this is not a game - it is her life and his'.
Harry's secret love affair was revealed on Sunday, October 30 after they were given away by matching friendship bracelets they have both worn for months.
Toronto-based actress Markle shared photograph after photograph of her wearing the African-style jewellery on her near monthly trips to London.
The actress, who is best known for her role as Rachel Zane in US legal drama Suits, is believed to have charmed the royal when he visited Toronto in May.
Harry was promoting his Invictus Games in the city and met her at a function.
They had been seeing each other secretly since then, spending time together in London and Canada, and Markle has dined with Prince William and Kate, as well as Harry's father Prince Charles.
But last Sunday Harry scrapped a secret trip to Canada to meet with his new lover after details of their six-month relationship emerged in the press.
Harry was booked on to a British Airways flight from Heathrow to Toronto at 11.30am and due to land in the Canadian city at 3.30pm on Sunday but was a 'no show', a source said.
Hours before he was due to leave the country claims they had been seeing each other for nearly six months broke in Britain.
The source said: 'The flight was booked last week but he was a no-show. The crew for the British Airways flight knew the Prince was booked to travel with them.
'It appears he pulled out at the last minute and decided not to travel.'
- NZ Herald