- Publish Date
- Wednesday, 30 September 2015, 11:34AM
Leland Shoemake of Pike County, Georgia, fell ill one month ago with an infection caused by the amoeba Balamuthia mandrillaris. It was suspected he may have contracted it while playing outside and two weeks later he was admitted to hospital.
Tragically, Leland died last Friday, and when his parents arrived home from hospital, they found this beautiful note on the living room table:
The note reads "Still with you. Thank you Mom & Dad. Love, Goodbye."
A GoFundMe page for Leland's medical costs and funeral has so far raised more than $10,000.
Source- Daily Mail