- Publish Date
- Wednesday, 9 March 2016, 4:38PM
• Four cops were shot during an armed incident
• The gunman is believed to be holed up in a house
• A large police operation is underway
• Earlier shots were fired at a police plane flying over the area
• Nearby residents are concerned
A New Zealand Defence Force helicopter has been deployed to the scene where four police officers were shot and injured in Eastern Bay of Plenty this afternoon.
The gunman is believed to be holed up in a house.
Police have put a no-fly zone in place which forms a three nautical mile radius around the incident.
Police tweeted at 7pm that a tactical lift helicopter and three Defence Force vehicles had been sent to the scene in a support role.
Keep up to date HERE