- Publish Date
- Friday, 27 April 2018, 11:55AM
All good things come to an end, and according to a study by UK parenting site ChannelMum.com, these 10 names that were once very popular are now the most unpopular.
The reason for the names falling out of style? Because they have been recontextualised by the modern world.
So if you're a parent who doesn't want their child to have to share their name with anyone else in their classroom, these could be the names for you...
The most unpopular baby names of 2018:
- Alexa (because of Amazon's virtual assistant Alexa)
- Felicia (because of the "Bye Felicia" meme)
- Katie/Cait (because of celebrities like Caitlyn Jenner)
- Scarlett (replaced by the trendier Violet)
- Lauren (because too many reality TV stars share the same name)
- Stan (because of the hashtag #Stan which means "stalker fan")
- Ollie (because of the American pet food brand)
- Christian (both because of Fifty Shades of Grey but also because it's seen as "too religious")
- Harvey (because of Weinstein)
- Ryan (because of Ryanair)