- Publish Date
- Tuesday, 17 March 2015, 8:42AM
1. She knows what he's going to order at a restaurant before he orders it.
2. They do not work out at the gym together. Too much competition? No one looks attractive while sweating it out and grunting on a treadmill? We'll never know, but there is an exception: Elderly couples. Nothing's cuter than two 70-year olds power-walking side by side.
3. They agree that naming their dogs after Golden Girls characters is a terrific idea. The stranger the pet name, the stronger the marriage.
4. They have the ability to be stranded together in a small apartment during a severe weather event without hating each other
5. It's not a guaranteed fight-starter when one of them just needs to lose their cool for a minute.
6. They use each other's toothbrushes.
7. They have an entire secret language of inside jokes, abbreviations, and nicknames that no one else would understand.
8. They pluck out each other's gray hairs.
9. They have matching winter hats.
10. they discuss "what we learned in couples' therapy" openly with their friends.
11. They have pet names for specific occasions.
12. They remember to look at each other from across the room.