- Publish Date
- Friday, 23 January 2015, 9:14AM
The “4-7-8” breathing trick, also known as the “relaxing breath” is said to have a chemical-like effect on our brains, slowing your heart rate and soothing you right to sleep.
- How do you do it? Simple.
- Breathe in through your nose for four seconds.
- Hold your breath for seven seconds.
- The breathe out for eight seconds.
- Simply repeat the pattern until you’re asleep – most people report it doesn’t take long.
"I've been doing this for the past 3 nights (I usually have terrible insomnia) and it honestly works!,” Alex Taylor revealed on Facebook.
So what are you waiting for? Give it a try!