- Publish Date
- Wednesday, 25 July 2018, 12:34PM
This week Sarah Sam and Toni have teamed up with Love Food Hate Waste to help reduce the amount of food that is wasted each year!
Toni and her daughters have created a recipe from their food leftovers last week - try it out or create your own! We would love for you to flick us a message on Facebook with a recipe you've also created from your leftovers.
Toni's Pulled together Chicken Pie
Left over chicken
Leftover veges – potato & kumara
- Shred left over chicken
- Make a creamy white sauce using (butter, flour, milk) and pour over.
- Add pan fried onions and garlic
- Use the leftover potatoes and kumara sliced on top.
- Top with cheese
- Bake in oven until heated through and potatoes crisped!
Almost anything leftover can be put into a yummy recipe. Do your kids like their crusts taken off their sandwiches for school?! Use them for bread crumbs on some chicken tenders! Click here for some leftovers inspiration