It's taken over the internet, and now you can make it yourself in lockdown!
Dalgona coffee, whipped coffee or whatever you want to call it, has taken over the internet in the last few weeks after the trend surfaced online.
The drink is a cold latte that comes with a velvety smooth and sweet coffee foam on top, which is inspired by South Korean candy.
And it’s super simple to make! In fact, you only need three ingredients that you probably already have in your home
How to make Dalgona Coffee:
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of boiling water
- Add all three ingredients to a bowl and whisk (or mixer if you have one) for 2 minutes to 5 minutes - or for how long it takes to become thick and creamy.
- Pour some milk (1 cup) into a glass with some ice if you’re doing an iced coffee.
- Spoon/scoop the whipped coffee on top, then stir it into the milk to combine.
Then take a bunch of snaps for your Instagram, and enjoy!
For a kid-friendly twist you could try using Milo instead of coffee, or if you want to make it extra adult, scoop the foamy goodness onto a homemade espresso martini.