- Publish Date
- Tuesday, 12 September 2017, 1:42PM
Today is Chocolate Milkshake Day!
And to celebrate the occasion, Kelis has finally answered that million-dollar question: just how does she bring all the boys to the yard?
Since 2003 we've all be wondering it, so with further ado, here's her long awaited recipe...
- 4 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 240mL ginger beer
- 90mL Baileys Irish Cream
- 5 pieces of candied ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together in a blender.
- Pour into glass rimmed with chilli cinnamon sugar.
- Top with whipped cream and more candied ginger.
- Check the yard for boys!
The singer also opened up about the meaning of the song.
And if you thought it was just a song purely dedicated to the deliciousness of milkshakes, you're wrong.
'Milkshake' was actually never about milkshakes.
"It means a lot of things," she shared.
"I think that's why the song has lasted so long, because, like any other art, you can turn the metaphor into whatever you want."