Avocado-lovers, this one is for you!
Everyone knows a cheese toastie is downright delicious, but through a little avo into the mix takes it to a whole new level!
This grilled cheese toastie, oozing with salty, spinach-y, avocado-y, cheesy goodness, makes a great light lunch.
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 minced garlic gloves
- ¼ cup avocado cooking oil
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 8 toast bread slices
- 1 knob butter
- Place avocado flesh, cheddar cheese, spinach, garlic, salt, pepper and oil in a food processor. Process until well blended. Stir in mozzarella.
- With a butter knife, spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place 4 slices, buttered side down, on work surface. Divide avocado mixture evenly on all slices. Top with remaining slices, buttered side up.
- Heat a large skillet over low heat. Add sandwiches and cover. Cook each side for 2-3 minutes each until golden brown and the cheese has just melted.
- Cut in half and serve immediately.
This article was first published on Eat Well and is republished here with permission.