While you are in your bubble, cooking is a great way to enjoy time together, and New World are firm believers that even the simplest of ingredients can create delicious meals!
You could give this mouth-watering classic roast lamb recipe a go!
PREP TIME: 25mins
COOK TIME: 1hr 30mins
TOTAL TIME: 1hr 55mins
SERVINGS: 8 people (approx).
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Pams Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1.7 – 2 kg leg of lamb
- 2 tbsp Pams Olive Oil, extra
- 1 kg kumara, cut into large chunks
- 1 kg carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 bulb garlic, cut in half
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Mint Sauce
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Pams Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Combine the garlic, rosemary, thyme, mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Score the top side of the lamb with a sharp knife and place in a large roasting dish. Spread the garlic and herb mixture over the lamb, rubbing into the scored cuts. Drizzle with extra olive oil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 1 hour 30 minutes for medium, or until the lamb is cooked to your liking. Baste frequently.
- After 50 minutes, add the vegetables, garlic bulb and sprigs of rosemary. Toss to coat in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the vegetables for 40 minutes, or until they are tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mint sauce. Place the vinegar, caster sugar and water into a small saucepan and stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before stirring in the chopped mint.
- Slice the lamb and serve with the roast
vegetables and mint sauce.