- Publish Date
- Tuesday, 17 May 2016, 12:52PM
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand's new Brighter Money notes are being released this month! Flynny was lucky enough to check out the $50 note.
A key feature of the new banknotes is that the security elements are even easier for you to identify. Several are brand new, and existing ones have also been enhanced.
- A larger window features a more detailed metallic element
- The native bird icon changes colour as the note is tilted, and a bar can be seen moving through the space
- A small 'puzzle number' lines up when the note is held up to the light
- Raised ink is still used on the large denomination number
Want to check out the rest of the Reserve Bank's new Brighter money notes? Click here.