You've finally picked up the kids from school, they jump in the car and your first instinct is to ask them: "How was your day?"
However, this often leads to a response no more than a "good", "fine" or "OK" ... which of course, doesn’t really tell you much.
Instead, try these thought-provoking questions that will help you get in touch with what your kids are really getting up to all day at school and may even result in some great yarns with your little ones.
20 questions to ask your kids after school:
1. What’s the funniest thing that happened to you today?
2. What did you like learning about the most?
3. Who would you like to play with at lunch break that you’ve never played with before?
4. What questions did you ask at school today?
5. What’s something special that happened today that you wish happened every day?
6. Did you help anyone today?
7. What was the hardest thing about today?
8. What was the book about that your teacher read?
9. Did you learn any new words today?
10. If you got to be the teacher for a day what would you do?
11. What’s one new thing you learned today?
12. What was your favourite part of lunch?
13. Did you ever feel unsafe?
14. Where is the coolest place at school?
15. Was there something that you heard that surprised you?
16. What is the most popular game played at lunch break?
17. When were you bored today?
18. What was the worst thing that happened today?
19. What was the best thing that happened today?
20. What are you excited to do at school tomorrow?