The festive season is officially upon us!
And what better way to celebrate than some delicious Christmas Cocktails!?
Introducing our 12 days ’til Christmas boozy advent calendar! Check back every day for a brand new holiday-themed tipple that you will definitely want to try for yourself, right up until the big day!
Try yesterday's Rum Ball Hot Chocolate!
Remember to drink responsibly!
MULLED WINE SPRITZER
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1 bottle of red wine, chilled
- 1/2 cup orange liquor, like Triple Sec or Cointreau
- 3 cups soda water, chilled
- Juice of 3 oranges
- Juice of 3 limes
- Slices and wedges of assorted citrus, such as orange, lime and lemon
- First, make the spiced sugar syrup. Combine sugar, water, star anise and cinnamon in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce to a medium heat and simmer until the sugar is dissolved and the syrup is no longer cloudy when stirred (about 15 minutes). Chill syrup in the fridge.
- Combine all other ingredients in serving vessel and add sugar syrup to taste, depending on how sweet you like your drinks.