The latest recipe in Arnott's features their simple, yet delicious Nice biscuits.
"When life (or your pantry) gives you Arnott’s Nice biscuits, bake a cheesecake!" Arnotts says about their recipe.
"After weeks of Big 'bikkie' Recipe Releases, we've unearthed one of our most classic, must-bake recipes for you and your loved ones to #BakeTogether whilst staycation-ing at home."
Classic Nice Cheesecake
- Prep time: 20 mins + 30 mins refrigeration
- Cook time: 50 mins + cooling
- Serves: 10-12
- 1 x 250g packet of Arnott’s Nice biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 x 250g packets of cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Grease a 20cm (base measurement) springform tin.
- Place Arnott’s Nice biscuits and cinnamon in a bowl of food processor and process until biscuits are finely crushed. Add melted butter and process until combined.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared tin, and using the back of a spoon, press evenly over the base and up the sides of the tin.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until required for a firm crust.
- In a medium bowl beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour mixture over the biscuit base.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until set.
- Turn the oven off and leave cheesecake in the oven with door ajar until completely cooled, this will help prevent the cheesecake from cracking.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon or orange zest to your cream cheese mixture for extra flavour.
- Replace the cinnamon with mixed spice for a twist.
- Serve with your favourite berries and double cream.
- If you don’t have a food processor, do it the old-fashioned way. Place biscuits in a zip lock bag and crush with a rolling pin.