- Publish Date
- Saturday, 19 May 2018, 11:03PM
And the drama continues!
The Duchess of Sussex’s father, Thomas Markle, is once again stirring up controversy after he shared his opinions on the Queen and the rest of the royal family in a new interview with TMZ.
First it was the staged paparazzi pictures, then it was last week's bombshell TV interview with Piers Morgan, and now he's lashing out at the Queen after it was revealed Donald Trump is due to meet Her Majesty on his official visit to Britain next month.
Claming the royal family has put him in the “penalty box”, the 73-year-old told TMZ: "If the Queen is willing to meet our arrogant, ignorant, and insensitive president she has no excuse not to meet me, I’m nowhere near as bad."
In the explosive tell-all interview with Morgan, the former television lighting director said his son-in-law Prince Harry believes the US president should be given a “chance” and that he was “open to the experiment of Brexit” during their private conversations.
The comments are to said to have upset the Queen and infuriated Buckingham Palace officials, as they were given no notice of the interview.
Angela Levin, a royal expert, said: "I think the Queen will be very angry. She is absolutely the model of the stiff upper lip and not saying anything that is too political.”
Markle also revealed he has not had contact with anyone in the royal family since the interview and is still yet to meet his son-in-law in person.