- Publish Date
- Wednesday, 28 February 2018, 10:00AM
Mel B appeared to let slip that the Spice Girls will be performing at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding this year.
Speaking on American talk show The Real on Tuesday, the 42-year-old singer confessed the band would be attending the ceremony as she admitted she was supposed to be keeping the news a secret, the Daily Mail reports.
Meghan is said to be a fan of the five-piece - Mel B, Mel C, Emma Bunton, Geri Halliwell, and Victoria Beckham - whilst Harry famously met the girl group in 1997 after attending one of their concerts.
Mel let slip she was attending the wedding as she looked shifty when asked if she knew anyone who would be attending the royal nuptials.
As Loni Love asked: "Do you know anybody that you think is gonna go to this wedding" Mel nodded her head and mouthed, "Yeah, I'm going... I don't know if I should've said that!"
Asked if anyone else they knew would be attending, Mel continued: "Well us five Spice Girls... why am I so honest?"
Beaming and throwing her hands in the air when asked if they would be performing at the reception, Mel quipped: "This is where I'm just like... I need to go. I'm going to be fired!"
Mel also confessed that the invitations has been sent out, but wouldn't dish too many details when probed, reasoning: "It's getting too personal to describe it!"
Yet when asked if they came in boxes and on scrolls, Mel nodded, revealing: "It was proper. I'm not saying anymore!"
Prince Harry and Meghan, who announced their engagement in November, are set to tie the knot in Windsor on 19 May, and so far it has not been revealed how the ceremony, or the reception, will take shape.
MailOnline has contacted Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's representatives for comment.
Despite their wedding being just three months away, it was previously claimed the couple had not sent out the invitations, with Sir Elton John admitting he didn't know yet if he had been invited.
The singer - who is a close friend of the Royal family and famously shared a close relationship with the late Princess Diana - reportedly cancelled two gigs to ensure that he is free to attend the wedding if asked.
The 70-year-old icon pulled the plug on two Las Vegas concerts of his Million Dollar Piano residency at Caesars Palace on May 18 and 19, The Sun reported so that he could attend or even perform at the glittering nuptials on May 19.
When asked last month about his plans for the wedding, due to be held in St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle, he told the website 'I don't know. I haven't even been — no one's been asked.
"I'm playing in Vegas so I don't know what's going to happen. It will be nice because I love him very dearly."
It comes after Geri Horner revealed she was keen for the Spice Girls first reunion performance to be at the Royal Wedding.
A source told The Sun that Geri, 45, is keen for the gig to take place since Meghan, 36, was a huge fan of the 90s band.
The source said: 'Geri suggested the Royal Wedding is a fantastic opportunity, and that they should offer to perform at the reception.
"And the wedding fits in perfectly with Geri's idea that the reunion should be very British. She sees it as a big part of their identity, and one they should keep."
However, Geri recently hinted the Spice Girls are struggling to agree on the details of their long-awaited reunion as she was interviewed by Craig Charles on Monday's edition of Steve Wright In The Afternoon on BBC Radio 2.
The singer, 45, said that the band have "different priorities", but are still keen on "working out" the details of their upcoming project.
When asked about her relationship with the girls, the star said: '20 years on, people move in different directions, and have different priorities... I adore them but our commonality is different now.
"We all have a common ground of wanting to please our fans, focusing on the future and sharing our knowledge with the next generation."
Are the girls reuniting?
During the candid interview, the Ride It hitmaker also touched on the status of their reunion.
"We are still working it out. We are looking at how we are going to do it... so watch this space!"
While keeping fairly quiet about any definite plans, all five members of the nineties pop group - including Victoria - have reportedly signed on the do a UK and US tour.
According to TMZ, the five-piece are not believed to be taking the concerts outside of the two countries, but their main source of profit will come the Spice Girls merchandise.
Only five days before, Victoria shot down all hopes of a 'tour' telling Vogue defiantly: "I'm not going on tour. The girls aren't going on tour."
Victoria was in the middle of her Autumn/Winter 2018 presentation at New York Fashion Week and insisted that things were still in the ideas stage, 10 days after the five originals got together in the same room for the first time in six years.
Since the get-together, it was believed the women were 'genuinely excited' about a 'full-scale tour and starting a record label'.
The Sun reported that Mel C's suggestion to sign up new acts to their own label "went down very well because they are all excited about backing up-and-coming talent, possibly even new girl bands".
A source told the publication: "This reunion is all about securing the Spice Girls legacy, and their own company could be one way to do that."
This article was first published on Daily Mail and is republished here with permission.